What Do They Do?
A Requirement for Advertising Networks
- discloses that third parties may be placing and reading cookies on users’ browser, or using web beacons to collect information, in the course of ads being served on the website; and
- includes information about user options for cookie management.
Free Website Privacy Policies
1) AdSense Privacy Policies: these tend to be shorter, and are targeted towards satisfying the requirements of advertising networks for bloggers, rather than being suitable for websites with a larger commercial use:
2) Commercial Privacy Policies: these tend to be lengthier and provide much more detail on how information is used and stored, which is a good idea if you have an online checkout or registration requirement for visitors:
3) UK Privacy Law Compliant Policies: these are free website privacy policies that seem suitable for commercial sites and pay attention to the particular requirements of UK privacy law:
Which One is the Right Fit?
Which of these free website privacy policies (or combination of these policies) is right for your blog will really depend on what you use it for. Personally, I’ll be using a combination of them but I will be cutting some of the detail that is more comprehensive than I require.
© Tom McEwin